There I was, in the middle of a forest... It was dark, the sky was full of stars and the moon was light and full. 

My breath was fast, my eyes wanted to pop up from my face and tears started to fall... You see, I am afraid of the dark, and there I was, in the middle of a forest that I did not know, with all the noises... Noises that I love from the day time and were different now, as if the forest was more alive, more alert and chasing after me...

I ran... Where to go? I had no idea... I did not even remember how I get there... I just wanted to find something or someone that could help me or guide me.

I ran and kept running, but there was nowhere to go... as far I could tell maybe I was going into the heart of the forest instead of finding a way out... But I just ran... and ran... Until I stopped...

I could not run anymore, my heart was poundering and my breath was hard and heavy. Tears kept going... In that moment I could not do more... and tears seemed to calm me down... I took control of my breath, slow and rythmic... 

Then... after I do not know how long I oppened my eyes and looked around... 

I was on my knees... My clothes were ruined with the run and the brambles... My arm was hurting, maybe I hit it while I ran... but I did not remember...

As I looked, shapes started to come to my mind... shadows that moved at the same ritm as my heart... These shadows were hidding in the trees, behind big rocks... where was I? How to find my way?

"You already found it..."
I turned to the sound... where? who?
"Who is there?" I was scared... That is why I always take a light with me... Why could not I find the light? There were sounds... someone was moving... I was not alone...
"WHO IS THERE?" I could not control it... I was in hysteria... The trees were coming close now... or were the shadows? I felt dizzy... I let myself down... If they come they would... There was nothing that I could do now... I could not run, they would come after me...
"You should not be scared... we do not want you harmed"
"Who is there???" Silence again... but I kept asking...
"Who is there?" More silence, except sounds of someone or something moving... "please..." I was so tired and scared... 

I let me cuddle and wrap myself in fetus position... I could do no more... My eyes started to close against my will... sounds I heard and my eyes popped oppen again... Until the tiredness took over me... before I went to sleep I just realized how quiet the forest was... the sounds that I thought terrifying were only the sounds of the trees and the wind... I kept hearing the other sound, of someone there, and it was coming close, but I did not open my eyes... If I could not see it would not be real...

That it is what I thought, but even with my eyes closed I saw him coming... I saw him looking at me... those yellow bright eyes, fixed in mine... they had a question but I did not want to understand it... until I was forced to... and all that was built inside me, all that I had learn, was destroyed with that look... a look that I could not let go... and I felt him again... when he layed down next to me, with his warm body... I was cold... the warm was welcome, but even next to me he was far... I could feel him but we were not touching... I took a deep breath and went against his body... only then I let myself open my eyes... He was beautifull... The exaustion took over me and I soon fell asleep... With the warm body in this cold night next to me...

When I woke up in the early morning, the sun had rise not long before... I was still warm... and I was still in the forest... but when I got up I saw no sign of the phanter...

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.